At UnCommon Farms, we're seeking dedicated individuals passionate about empowering farmers and shaping the future of agriculture. Join our team to guide farms through personalized strategies, working alongside our community to uplift and sustain their legacies. Your expertise will play a pivotal role in driving positive change and fostering success within the agricultural landscape.
UnCommon Farms Insurance is a subsidiary Crop Insurance Agency within UnCommon Farms. We are looking for an experienced, results-focused, high-performing Insurance Risk Advisor to work with farmers across the US. The Crop Insurance Agent will have superior relationship building skills and the experience and crop insurance acumen to support our farm clients risk management needs.
We offer a competitive income and benefit package and offer a flexible work environment with opportunity to work remotely or in a hybrid work environment.
Some Duties include:
- Market crop insurance.
- Meet with members who are not insurance clients and solicit crop insurance business.
- Work with approved insurance providers to place appropriate policies and coverages for different types of policies.
- Provide clients with information and recommendations about policy options, coverage details, and claim procedures.
- Help clients choose the best policies for their needs, as well as help them decide whether they should purchase additional coverage, such as for disaster mitigation.
- File claims for clients if they have a loss and verify that all the information on a claim form is accurate and submit the form to the insurance company for approval.
- Utilize insurance computer programs to quote prices, learn products and place appropriate coverages and policies.
- Work with CSR to complete applications, claims and other paperwork.
- Explain the importance of risk mitigation solutions, through private and federal product offerings.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in crop insurance, sales or similar role. Experience insuring corn, soybeans and wheat is required. Experience with written agreements preferred.
- Leadership experience in crop insurance is preferrable.
- Crop Insurance and/or P&C License required.
- Strong knowledge of agriculture, including types of crops, how they grow, and are affected by weather conditions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to work remotely.
We are looking for an experienced, results-focused, high-performing Coach to work with farmers across the US. The Coach will have superior relationship building skills and the experience and acumen to support our farm clients’ ability to create value, maximize growth and improve overall business performance for sustainable family enterprises. The Coach will be an active team member of UnCommon Farms coordinating with all resource areas to deliver services in areas such as management, business structure and planning, crop inputs, grain marketing, human resources, financial performance, growth, business relations, insurance and credit.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package and offer a flexible work environment with opportunity to work in a remote or hybrid work environment.
What you will do:
- Provide expert business guidance and support to overcome business challenges and organizational shortcomings.
- Work with farm to define short and long-term goals and hold farm accountable for achievement of those goals and objectives.
- Assist farm in implementation and regular updates to client’s business plans and operational priorities.
- Participate in regular farm visits, calls and connections with farm clients.
- Recommend and serve as a liaison between clients and corporate staff, vendors, and outside resources to meet the specific needs of the clients including but not limited to financial services, insurance provision, HR expertise, transition and enterprise structure planning.
- Deliver all services with a client focused goal of excellence.
- Prospect, qualify and build relationships to achieve planning goals and revenue targets.
- Perform all necessary CRM reporting and documentation for both the client and company.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in facilitation of meetings, business consulting or business coaching, or client management in a comparable role.
- Agriculture and/or Agribusiness expertise and experience. Must understand and be conversant in a variety of business and Ag concepts, including but not limited to business and operations, entity structure, grain marketing, crop inputs, agronomy, business financials and tax.
- Previous senior management or leadership experience in agribusiness or agriculture is preferrable.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred in Business, Management, Leadership or a related field (Ag is preferrable) or combination of education and experience.
- Business coaching, mediation, or facilitation accreditation is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, build consensus and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration amongst cross functional teams.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to build relationships and interface with clients.
- Strongly prefer an experienced individual with Ag contacts and network familiarity.
Join the passionate team of UnCommon Farms ag business experts!